chapter  8
24 Pages


Generally, if a disagreement is not satisfactorily resolved per the terms of the underlying contract as to the execution of the works, including any dispute as to any certificate, determination, instruction, opinion or valuation of the engineer, either party may refer the dispute in writing to the dispute adjudication board1 for its decision, with copies to the other party and the engineer. Most contracts require that the reference state that it is given under a particular clause of the contract.