This must-have guide to special event production resources looks deep behind the scenes of an event and dissects what it is that creates success. It analyses the resources and is an extensive reference guide to the technical details of a big event. It provides a thorough grounding on the specifications and performance of lighting and audio systems, visual presentation technology, special effects and temporary outdoor venues.
This new edition includes:
- New content on: new audio –visual technology, industry safety standards, special effect platforms, décor and new custom forms of staging for both indoor and outdoor events.
- Updated and new case studies from USA, Canada, India, Russia and Malaysia
- New Industry Voice feature, including interviews with industry experts from around the world.
- Comprehensive coverage of venues, staging, seating, rigging, lighting, video, audio, scenic design and décor, CADD, entertainment, special effects, tenting, electrical power, fencing and sanitary facilities in a variety of indoor and outdoor event settings.
- Enhanced online resources including: PowerPoint lecture slides, checklists, glossaries, additional questions and challenges, web links and video links.
Incorporating pedagogical features, this easy-to-read book is packed with photographs, diagrams, flow charts, checklists, sample forms and real-life examples. The vast varieties of audio-visual technologies, outdoor venues, décor and staging are presented. A must have resource for event planners, managers, caterers and students.
This text is part two of a two book set - also available is Special Events Production: The Process (978-1-138-78565-6). This book analyses the process - the planning and business aspects - to provide a unique guide to producing a variety of events from weddings to festivals.