Unlocking Company Lawwill help you grasp the main concepts of Company Law with ease. Containing accessible explanations in clear and precise terms that are easy to understand, it provides an excellent foundation for learning and revising.
The information is clearly presented in a logical structure and the following features support learning helping you to advance with confidence:
- Clear learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter set out the skills and knowledge you will need to get to grips with the subject
- Key Facts boxes throughout each chapter allow you to progressively build and consolidate your understanding
- End-of-chapter summaries provide a useful check-list for each topic
- Cases and judgments are highlighted to help you find them and add them to your notes quickly
- Frequent activities and self-test questions are included so you can put your knowledge into practice
- Sample essay questions with annotated answers prepare you for assessment
- Glossary of legal terms clarifies important definitions
This edition has been updated to include key recent changes and developments in company law, both case law and statutory. Two recent Supreme Court decisions on piercing the corporate veil, VTB Capital plc v Nutritek International Corp and others and Prest v Petrodel Resources Limited & Others, are examined, as is Popplewell J’s detailed judgment on directors’ duties in Madoff Securities International Limited (In Liquidation) v Raven and others. Important new provisions for binding votes and detailed disclosure of directors’ remuneration, changes to the company charges registration and narrative reporting regimes and new rules facilitating private company share reductions/buy-backs are outlined as are imminent developments included in the 2014 Deregulation Bill (stemming from the Government Red Tape Challenge). Commitment of the EU and UK Government to improving corporate governance of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) makes core company law, the focus of this book, more relevant than ever.
The books in the Unlocking the Law Series get straight to the point and offer clear and concise coverage of the law, broken-down into bite-size sections with regular recaps to boost your confidence. They provide complete coverage of both core and popular optional law modules, presented in an innovative, visual format and are supported by a website which offers students a host of additional practice opportunities.