The Routledge Intermediate Brazilian Reader is a comprehensive reader aimed at intermediate level students of Brazilian Portuguese. The aim is to provide a structured language teaching resource that is enjoyable and stimulating for learners, but that also provides meaningful cultural contexts.
This Brazilian Reader consists of twenty readings graded on the basis of complexity of vocabulary, grammar and syntax. It presents a range of different text types which give a good representation of contemporary Brazilian writing, including fiction and non-fiction by some of Brazil’s most prominent and popular authors.
Key features include:
- vocabulary lists for quick reference
- reading comprehension questions
- exercises to learn and review important vocabulary
- focus on idiomatic expressions
- full answer key to vocabulary and idiom exercises
- Portuguese-English glossary at the back
Suitable for both class use and independent study, The Routledge Intermediate Brazilian Reader is an essential tool for facilitating vocabulary learning and increasing reading proficiency.