Design and maintain document delivery services that are ideal for academic patrons!
In Document Delivery Services: Contrasting Views, you’ll visit four university library systems to discover the considerations and challenges each library faced in bringing document delivery to its clientele. This book examines the questions about document delivery that are most pressing in the profession of library science. Despite their own unique experiences, you’ll find common practices among all four—including planning, implementation of service, and evaluation of either user satisfaction and/or vendor performance.
This book reviews the planning and process of implementing document delivery in:
- Miami University
- University of Colorado at Denver
- University of Montana at Missoula
- Purdue University Libraries
You’ll find useful information and proven methods concerning these topics:
- re-engineering library services
- restructuring a traditional Interlibrary Loan Department into an Information Delivery/Interlibrary Loan Department (ID/ILL)
- criteria for document delivery vendor selection
- delivering electronic tables of contents and search strategy outputs to faculty desktops
- document delivery in academic fee-based information services