A guide to refinishing suitable for complete beginners and more advanced technicians.
This heavily illustrated guide will help students through their Level 2 and 3 vehicle refinishing qualifications and be useful as a reference and trouble shooter for more advanced technicians. It is set out in the order in which a vehicle is repaired.
There are sections covering:
- identifying different substrates, with an explanation of how this affects the materials to be chosen and techniques to be used
- preparation work required prior to the application of foundation materials
- how to choose the correct foundation material
- shaping and sanding techniques
- different types of popular top coats and the required application techniques
- glossaries for tools and equipment
- health and safety considerations
This book has been designed and written by a true ‘petrol head’ whose career and hobbies have revolved around motor vehicles and the refinishing trade. He has been in the motor trade for more than 16 years and has delivered Refinishing qualifications to students for over 11 years. Someone who has never before held a spray gun should be able to understand stage-by-stage, or they can dip in for precise trouble shooting and tips.