This book will cover heuristic optimization techniques and applications in engineering problems. The book will be divided into three sections that will provide coverage of the techniques, which can be employed by engineers, researchers, and manufacturing industries, to improve their productivity with the sole motive of socio-economic development. This will be the first book in the category of heuristic techniques with relevance to engineering problems and achieving optimal solutions.
- Explains the concept of optimization and the relevance of using heuristic techniques for optimal solutions in engineering problems
- Illustrates the various heuristics techniques
- Describes evolutionary heuristic techniques like genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimization
- Contains natural based techniques like ant colony optimization, bee algorithm, firefly optimization, and cuckoo search
- Offers sample problems and their optimization, using various heuristic techniques
Section 1: Introduction to Optimization and Relevance of Heuristic Techniques Towards Optimal Solution. Section 2: Various Heuristic Optimization Techniques and their Description. Part 1: Evolutionary Technique. Chapter 1. Genetic Algorithm. Chapter 2. Particle Swarm Optimization. Part 2: Natural Based Technique. Chapter 3. Ant Colony Optimization. Chapter 4. Bee Algorithm. Chapter 5. Firefly Optimization. Chapter 6. Cuckoo Search. Part 3: Logical Search Algorithm. Chapter 7. Tabu Search. Chapter 8. SNAP. Section 3: Application of Techniques Towards Engineering Problems. Chapter 9. Engineering Problem Optimized using Genetic Algorithm. Chapter 10. Engineering Problem Optimized using Particle Swarm Optimization. Chapter 11. Engineering Problem Optimized using Ant Colony Optimization. Chapter 12. Engineering Problem Optimized using Bee Algorithm. Chapter 13. Engineering Problem Optimized using Firefly Optimization. Chapter 14. Engineering Problem Optimized using Cuckoo Search. Chapter 15. Engineering Problem Optimized using Tabu Search. Chapter 16. Engineering Problem Optimized using SNAP. Chapter 17. Future Scope. Glossary.