World coal production will increase up to 2040 and world energy consumption will be very much dependent on coal. For a better planning of coal mining operations, it is essential to know the strength, cuttability and workability of coal, which are interrelated. The main objective of the book is to combine the research studies and compile the book oriented to the coal industry, research students, practicing engineers, and coal mine panning teams.
- Covers all the subjects related to coal properties, mining and excavation in one book
- Presents a summary of physical and mechanical properties of coal belonging to a wide range of countries
- Includes typical examples of using physical and mechanical of coal in mine planning and in its industrial applications
- Explains use of cuttability characteristics of coal
- Describes planning of coal production using ploughs, shearers and surface miners