This book is a concise but well-organized introduction to nanotechnology (NT) which the upstream oil industry is now vigorously adapting to develop its own unique applications for improved oilfield operations and, oil and gas production. Its reader will learn nanotechnology fundamentals, be introduced to important NT products and applications from other industries and learn about the current state of development of various NT applications in the upstream oil industry, which include innovative use of nanoparticles for enhanced oil recovery; drilling and completions; reservoir sensing; and production operations and flow assurance.
- Exclusive title on potential of nanoparticle-based agents and interventions for improving myriad of oilfield operations
- Unique guide for nanotechnology applications developers and users for oil and gas production
- Introduces nanotechnology for oil and gas managers and engineers
- Includes research data discussions relevant to field
- Offers a practical applications-oriented approach