Air and water pollution occurs when toxic pollutants of varying kinds (organic, inorganic, radioactive and so on) are directly or indirectly discharged into the environment without adequate treatment to remove these potential pollutants. There are a total of 13 book chapters in three sections contributed by significant number of expert authors around the world, aiming to provide scientific knowledge and up-to-date development of various solid wastes based cost-effective adsorbent materials and its sustainable application in the removal of contaminates/pollutants from air, gas and water.
This book is useful for the professions, practicing engineers, scientists, researchers, academics and undergraduate and post-graduate students’ interest on this specific area.
• Exclusive compilation of information on use of industrial and agricultural waste based adsorbents for air and water pollution abatement.
• Explores utilization of industrial solid wastes in adsorptive purification and agricultural and agricultural by-products in separation and purification.
• Discusses cost-effective solid wastes based emerging adsorbents.
• Alternative adsorbents in the removal of a wide range of contaminants and pollutants from water is proposed.
• Includes performance of unit operations in waste effluents treatment.