The revised and updated seventh edition of this best-selling reference manual on vehicle body repair brings the book up to date for the current body repair trade. It serves as a comprehensive guide covering the vocationally related qualification (VRQ) required by the modern student and apprentice, as well as providing the CPD essential for all working professionals.
The entire book is overhauled to reflect current industry trends with regards to materials, processes and procedures. New additions include:
- An entirely new section on the work of the MET technician (mechanical, electrical and trim)
- New developments in body repair methodology such as repair pods and the greater use of alignment equipment
- Greater emphasis on the environment with new sections on hybrid vehicles and the hazards of starting current vehicles with high levels of technology
- Details on both the historic and the current joining methods for the vintage and modern markets
- Full coverage on the legalities surrounding insurance work for bodyshop staff
- Updated tables and illustrations
This book not only provides the knowledge and skills for body repair, it helps to develop a real understanding of the how and why behind this information. It will be essential for anyone studying Levels 1-3 Vehicle Body Repair, Vehicle Refinishing and MET courses, including the new apprenticeships and technical certificates from the IMI, Pearson-BTEC and C&G. HNC and degree Automotive Engineering students will find the text valuable to develop skills and knowledge for practical project work. Industry professionals, vehicle restorers and car DIY enthusiasts will continue to find it an essential and comprehensive source of information.