Create compelling, original characters using archetypes and design elements such as shadows and line with the tips and techniques found in this image-packed book. Bryan Tillman bridges the gap between the technique of drawing characters and the theory of good character design by using case studies, examples of professional art, and literary and pop culture references to teach you how to develop a character, not just draw one. The book also features Character Model Sheets that will guide you through the creation of new and unique characters. Finally, Bryan will break down established character archetypes to show you why and how the different aspects of good character design work.
- Learn what makes a character unique and powerful through tools like character model sheets and case studies from established artists.
- Develop your abolity to use story and archetypes to create compelling new characters.
- See artwork by professional artists as examples of the techniques shown in the book
- Bridges the gap between the technique of drawing characters and the theory of good character design in a practical, hands-on way - learn how to use story and archetypes to develop compelling, new characters
- Based on a standing-room only presentation at Comic-Con 2009 in San Diego.