This book discusses the concept of single polymer composites (SPCs), their preparation, and properties and the main factors which affect the manufacturing of this class of composites. It deals with the leading classes of polymers, chapter wise, which have been majorly explored for manufacturing SPCs – polyolefins, polyesters, polyamides, and LCPs – includes a case study on manufacturing of SPCs, and devotes three chapters to detailed analyses of research on all-cellulose composites. Addressing the concerns of the researchers, it also answers intriguing questions in the field of SPCs with pointers to the right references.
- Presents a summary of single polymer composites based on various polymers
- Includes mechanical and thermal properties of single polymer composites
- Reviews detailed view of eco-friendly approaches to composites
- Offers a special focus on all-cellulose composites
- Supports concepts with figures, schemes, and tables