This book explores the current use and potential of ICT in the secondary history curriculum, and offers sound theory and practical advice to help secondary history teachers use ICT effectively.
Key areas covered include:
- getting started in ICT and history
- short, medium and long-term planning
- using ICT to develop historical understanding and skills
- data handling in the history classroom
- ICT and maps
- integrating virtual resources with the real world of teaching and learning.
With contributions from leading academics and practitioners in history education, this book will be important reading for all secondary history teachers and trainee teachers, but will be of interest to upper primary school teachers too.