Enormously rich and wide-ranging, The Routledge Companion to Britain in the Eighteenth Century brings together, in one handy reference, a wide range of essential information on the major aspects of eighteenth century British history.
The information included is chronological, statistical, tabular and bibliographical, and the book begins with the eighteenth century political system before going on to cover foreign affairs and the empire, the major military and naval campaigns, law and order, religion, economic and financial advances, and social and cultural history.
Key features of this user-friendly volume include:
- wide-ranging political chronologies
- major wars and rebellions
- key treaties and their terms
- chronologies of religious events
- approximately 500 biographies of leading figures
- essential data on population, output and trade
- a detailed glossary of terms
- a comprehensive cultural and intellectual chronology set out in tabular form
- a uniquely detailed and comprehensive topic bibliography.
All those studying or teaching eighteenth century British history will find this concise volume an indispensable resource for use and reference.