This landmark volume provides a broad-based, comprehensive, state-of-the-art overview of current knowledge and research into second language teaching and learning. All authors are leading authorities in their areas of expertise. The chapters, all completely new for Volume 2, are organized in eight thematic sections:
- Social Contexts in Research on Second Language Teaching and Learning
- Second Language Research Methods
- Second Language Research and Applied Linguistics
- Research in Second Language Processes and Development
- Methods and Instruction in Second Language Teaching
- Second Language Assessment
- Ideology, Identity, Culture, and Critical Pedagogy in Second Language Teaching and Learning
- Language Planning and Policy.
Changes in Volume 2:
- captures new and ongoing developments, research, and trends in the field
- surveys prominent areas of research that were not covered in Volume 1
- includes new authors from Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America to broaden the Handbook’s international scope.
Volume 2 is an essential resource for researchers, faculty, teachers, and students in MA-TESL and applied linguistics programs, as well as curriculum and material developers.