A Practical Guide
A Practical Guide
This completely revised and updated edition addresses the most recent developments in Special Educational Needs. Essential reading for newly qualified teachers and teaching assistants, Rita Cheminais’s classic text now relates to current initiatives including Every Child Matters (ECM) and using personalised learning approaches. Many aspects vital to effective classroom practice are explored, including:
- the latest Qualified Teacher Status Standards and the Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- recent legislation and key official reports and documents relating to SEN and ECM
- the effective partnership working with multi-agency practitioners
- up-to-date tips on how to meet OFSTEDs inspection requirements in relation to pupils well being, attainment and achievement
- how to evaluate the impact of SEN/additional provision.
The book reflects the DCSF/National Strategies Inclusion Development Programme (IDP), and practical tips and strategies are given on how to meet the needs of a diverse range of pupils with additional educational needs (AEN), including: Speech, Language and Communication Needs, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Social Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, sensory impairments and physical disabilities.
Featuring helpful checklists, templates and photocopiable resources to support professional development, this practical resource contains a wealth of valuable advice, as well as signposting to further information.
This authoritative text will provide fascinating reading for trainee and newly qualified teachers as well as experienced teachers and teaching assistants. Lecturers in higher education and consultants and advisors in Local Authority Children’s Services will also find this book a useful resource.