Issues in Science Teaching covers a wide range of important issues which will interest teachers at all phases in the education system. The issues discussed include:
- the nature and purposes of science education in a multicultural society, including the idea of science for all
- the role and purposes of investigational work in science education
- assessment, curriculum progression and pupil attitudes to their science experience
- supporting basic skills development in literacy, numeracy and ICT, through science teaching
- supporting cross-curricular work through science teaching
- taking account of individual differences including ability, special needs, learning style and the case for inclusion
The articles are strongly based on current research and are intended to stimulate and broaden debate among the readers. Written by practising science educators and teachers, this book offers new and interesting ways of developing science education at all levels.