International growth in higher education, the introduction of new providers and increased public and state interest in university structures, levels of fees and funding models have made governance in higher education a vital and sometimes controversial topic.
Governing Higher Education Today provides challenging perspectives on the longer-term dynamics and policy trends in a world market for higher education. Through international perspectives and case studies, it considers:
- The emerging national responses, which are likely to shape institutional governance in the next decade.
- An analysis of the trends and strategic directions in governance and policy in higher education.
- Insights from practising thought leaders on the future of higher education governance and policy.
- Traditions and values within higher education governance.
- Lessons and trends in the interaction of institutions and government.
Whether you sit on a governing body, work in a university leadership role or in a governance or policy team, teach or study higher education, Governing Higher Education Today provides a thoughtful yet practical guide to the future of university governance with international applicability.