This book focusses on III-V high electron mobility transistors (HEMTs) including basic physics, material used, fabrications details, modeling, simulation, and other important aspects. It initiates by describing principle of operation, material systems and material technologies followed by description of the structure, I-V characteristics, modeling of DC and RF parameters of AlGaN/GaN HEMTs. The book also provides information about source/drain engineering, gate engineering and channel engineering techniques used to improve the DC-RF and breakdown performance of HEMTs. Finally, the book also highlights the importance of metal oxide semiconductor high electron mobility transistors (MOS-HEMT).
- Combines III-As/P/N HEMTs with reliability and current status in single volume
- Includes AC/DC modelling and (sub)millimeter wave devices with reliability analysis
- Covers all theoretical and experimental aspects of HEMTs
- Discusses AlGaN/GaN transistors
- Presents DC, RF and breakdown characteristics of HEMTs on various material systems using graphs and plots