DOI link for PBMs
DOI link for PBMs
PBMs: Reshaping the Pharmaceutical Distribution Network provides HMOs and other third-party payers with information on the new and increasingly important role of pharmaceutical benefit companies (PBMs) in the health care industry. From this text, you will learn how PBMs can maintain and deliver a quality, cost-effective drug benefit plan to your company while achieving the anticipated market share for the product.
PBMs: Reshaping the Pharmaceutical Distribution Network offers you suggestions on how to choose which PBM service is correct for your business, such as what qualifications to look for in a PBM, as well as what questions you should ask a respective company. This text also offers ways on how your company can benefit from becoming a client and may make your business more competitive in the pharmaceutical industry.
PBMs: Reshaping the Pharmaceutical Distribution Network also informs you about the controversies that have arisen concerning the new position of PBMs in the industry. Through research and evaluation, this text addresses these issues from many different perspectives and gives you insight into other topics concerning PBMs, including:
- operating methods that PBMs currently rely on for designing and overseeing a drug benefit plan
- how the Food and Drug Administration currently views the role of PBMs and why they are contemplating regulatory intervention
- alerting PBMs, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and managed care organizations to new legal issues involving fraud and abuse affecting pharmacy benefit management and pharmaceutical manufacturers
- reasons why retail drug chains and pharmacist organizations oppose recent industry developments regarding PBMs
- whether or not PBMs reflect a move toward greater centralized decisionmaking in the health care systemIn addition, PBMs: Reshaping the Pharmaceutical Distribution Network offers pharmaceutical companies, health care providers, and managed care organizations several suggestions for further research, which may make your business or your business relationships more efficient and productive in the future. If you or your company are considering the services of a pharmacy benefit management, PBMs: Reshaping the Pharmaceutical Distribution Network will guide you in choosing a company that helps you deliver the most cost-effective and efficient pharmaceutical benefits to customers.