Philosophy for Everyone begins by explaining what philosophy is before exploring the questions and issues at the foundation of this important subject.
Key topics and their areas of focus include:
- Epistemology - what our knowledge of the world and ourselves consists in, and how we come to have it;
- Philosophy of Science - foundational conceptual issues in scientific research and practice;
- Philosophy of Mind - what it means for something to have a mind, and how minds should be understood and explained;
- Moral Philosophy - the nature of our moral judgements and reactions, whether they aim at some objective moral truth, or are mere personal or cultural preferences, and;
- Metaphysics - fundamental conceptual questions about the nature of reality.
Designed to be used on the corresponding Introduction to Philosophy online course offered by The University of Edinburgh, this book is also highly recommended for anyone looking for a short overview of this fascinating discipline.