The first edition of Pharmaceutical Extrusion Technology, published in 2003, was deemed the seminal book on pharmaceutical extrusion. Now it is expanded and improved, just like the usage of extrusion has expanded, improved and evolved into an accepted manufacturing technology to continuously mix active pharmaceutical ingredients with excipients for a myriad of traditional and novel dosage forms.
Pharmaceutical Extrusion Technology, Second Edition reflects how this has spawned numerous research activities, in addition to hardware and process advancements. It offers new authors, expanded chapters and contains all the extrusion related technical information necessary for the development, manufacturing, and marketing of pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Reviews how extrusion has become an accepted technology to continuously mix active pharmaceutical ingredients with excipients
- Focuses on equipment and process technology
- Explains various extrusion system configurations as a manufacturing methodology for a variety of dosage forms
- Presents new opportunities available only via extrusion and future trends
- Includes contributions of experts from the process and equipment fields