chapter  3
4 Pages

Identification of HPV types 6 and 11 in skin tags using PCR

WithJ. Karayana, N.K. Jusuf, I.B. Putra

You have download access for this chapter.

PDF 0.09MB

The Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) infection is suspected to be one of the causes of skin tag lesions. In order to identify HPV types 6 and 11 in skin tag lesions using the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technique, this study is a descriptive study with a cross-sectional design involving 30 skin tag lesions. PCR examination of skin tag lesions was performed to identify HPV types 6 and 11. The collected data was processed and presented descriptively. In this study we found that eight (26.7%) skin tag lesions identified with HPV type 6, and six (20%) skin tag lesions identified with HPV type 11. From a total of 30 skin tag lesions that were examined using the PCR technique, 14 (46.7%) of the lesions identified with HPV types 6 and 11.