2 Pages

Agreeing provisional damages by consent

If the parties agree to compromise an action on grounds which include provisional damages, they should apply under Part 232 for an order to approve judgment by consent. The order for judgment by consent should contain the matters which would be specified in any court order for provisional damages following judgment3 and a direction should be given specifying the documents to be preserved as the case file, and the documents specified should be lodged at court by the claimant or his legal representative (PD 41, paras 4.2, 4.3).