chapter  27
2 Pages


Where a person holds property to which he claims no ownership and two or more persons are in dispute as to who is the true owner of the property, the person holding the property may apply to the court to adjudicate on the disputed ownership so that he can safely deliver the property to the true owner. Such an application is for interpleader relief (RSC Ord 17, CCR Ord 33).