2 Pages

Making an application to dispute the court’s jurisdiction

The acknowledgement of service forms, (N9 for claims under Part 74 and N210 for claims under Part 85) contain a box in which the defendant can indicate that he contests the court’s jurisdiction. Having filed an acknowledgment of service indicating that he disputes the court’s jurisdiction the defendant should then apply to the court for an order declaring that it has no such jurisdiction or should not exercise any jurisdiction which it should have (rr 11.1(b) and 11.2).