As Vehicular Networks technology enters a critical phase in its evolution, academic institutions, industry, and governments worldwide are investing significant resources into large-scale deployment of such networks in order to leverage its benefits to communication, road safety, and improved traffic flow. Despite the current proliferation of conferences to address the technical, policy, and economic challenges associated with this exciting new technology, notably absent is a self-contained book that integrates and covers these topics in sufficient detail.
Vehicular Networks: Techniques, Standards and Applications examines the latest advances in the evolution of vehicular networks, presenting invaluable state-of-the-art ideas and solutions for professionals and academics at work on numerous international development and deployment projects. A versatile text, it cross-references all key aspects, including medium access, scheduling, mobility, services, market introduction, and standard specifications. This informative guide:
- Describes the roles of networks operators, car manufacturers, service providers, and governmental authorities in development of vehicular technology
- Illustrates the benefits and real-life applications of vehicular networks
- Analyzes possible business models for network deployment
- Examines potential services and possible deployment architectures
- Explores the technical challenges of deployment, including use of MAC protocols, routing, data dissemination, dynamic IP autoconfiguration, mobility management, security, and driver/passenger privacy
Illustrative Figures to Clarify Both Basic and Advanced Concepts
Using simplified language, this book elucidates the distinct behavior and characteristics that disti
Introduction to Vehicular Networks. Vehicular Network Applications and Services. Medium Access Control Protocols for Vehicular Networks. Heterogeneous Wireless Communications for Vehicular Networks. Routing in Vehicular Networks. Routing in Vehicular Networks: A User’s Perspective. Data Dissemination in Vehicular Networks. Message Scheduling within Vehicular Networks. IP Address Autoconfiguration in Vehicular Networks. Network Mobility in Vehicular Networks. Mobile Ad Hoc NEMO. Security In Vehicular Networks. Confidence Management in Vehicular Networks. Geocast in Vehicular Networks. Market Introduction and Deployment Strategies. Index.