The book addresses the need to investigate new approaches to lower energy requirement in multiple application areas and serves as a guide into emerging circuit technologies. It explores revolutionary device concepts, sensors, and associated circuits and architectures that will greatly extend the practical engineering limits of energy-efficient computation. The book responds to the need to develop disruptive new system architectures and semiconductor processes aimed at achieving the highest level of computational energy efficiency for general purpose computing systems.
- Discusses unique technologies and material only available in specialized journal and conferences.
- Covers emerging materials and device structures, such as ultra-low power technologies, nanoelectronics, and microsystem manufacturing.
- Explores semiconductor processing and manufacturing, device design, and performance.
- Contains practical applications in the engineering field, as well as graduate studies.
- Written by international experts from both academia and industry.