For many centuries, fenugreek has been one of the most popular spices and vegetables serving as an integral part of culinary practices across many cultures. Fenugreek contains exceptional nutritional and medicinal properties, but scientific evidence for its potential health benefits has been considerably understudied and is beginning to grow.
This book is a comprehensive compilation and documentation on the scientific profile of fenugreek and its phytoconstituents, including their most known applications and health benefits. It features a wide range of chapters written by highly experienced academics and industrial professionals. Topics cover applications of fenugreek including information on nutrition, fitness supplements, functional food, and excipients of novel drug delivery systems. In addition, it features topics on related products in the areas of nutraceuticals, functional food preparations, and complementary medicines.
· Comprehensive review of traditional wisdom and modern scientific evidence on fenugreek
· Presents scientific evidence of fenugreek as an ingredient for product development formulation
· Contains information on extraction methods, risk assessment, claim validations, and the regulatory status of fenugreek-based products
· Covers broad physiological benefits of fenugreek in management of diabetes mellitus, primary hyperlipidemia, inflammation and pain, neuropathy and neuroinflammation, neurological and psychological disorders, kidney and lung disorders, as well as immunological, infectious, and malignant disorders
· Enhances awareness of existing scientific knowledge surrounding fenugreek, whilst encouraging future scientific research towards better and safer nutritional and medicinal applications
This book is a valuable resource of information on fenugreek for researchers, students, nutritionists, sport medicine practitioners, fitness enthusiasts and trainers, naturopaths, traditional practitioners, and toxicologists. This book helps industries in the fields of nutraceuticals, fitness and sports medicine products to develop their future products. However, this book is not a substitute for medical advice or recommendations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
part Part I|30 pages
part Part II|58 pages
chapter 5|25 pages
Towards the Importance of Fenugreek Proteins
part Part III|37 pages
Sports Supplements and Nutraceuticals
chapter 8|10 pages
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum)
part Part IV|232 pages
Modern Medicinal Applications
chapter 10|19 pages
The Effects of Fenugreek on Controlling Glucose in Diabetes Mellitus
chapter 12|14 pages
The Effects of Fenugreek on Cardiovascular Risk Factors
chapter 13|22 pages
Trigonella foenum-graecum L.
part Part V|78 pages
Formulations and Food Preparations
part Part VI|13 pages