As a consequence of the Grenfell Tower fire, a building safety revolution is underway for construction and property professionals. This book analyses prior significant building fires and explains the new building safety regime including the Building Safety Act 2022 and the Building Safety Regulator. The aim is to provide an explanation of the Building Safety Regime. To that end, coverage includes:
- The Grenfell Tower fire: the Hackitt Review and Public Inquiry
- Remediation of existing buildings
- Legal Framework: the Fire Safety Act 2021 and Building Safety Act 2022
- Building Regulations: Part B Revisions and the Combustible Material Ban
- The Building Safety Regulator
- Guidance and Consultations
Change has arrived for construction and property professionals in the wake of the Grenfell Tower fire. This book is for readers who have responsibilities in the Built Environment or Real Estate to take the first steps towards implementation and compliance with the new regime.