Electric Power Transformer Engineering, Third Edition expounds the latest information and developments to engineers who are familiar with basic principles and applications, perhaps including a hands-on working knowledge of power transformers. Targeting all from the merely curious to seasoned professionals and acknowledged experts, its content is structured to enable readers to easily access essential material in order to appreciate the many facets of an electric power transformer.
Topically structured in three parts, the book:
- Illustrates for electrical engineers the relevant theories and principles (concepts and mathematics) of power transformers
- Devotes complete chapters to each of 10 particular embodiments of power transformers, including power, distribution, phase-shifting, rectifier, dry-type, and instrument transformers, as well as step-voltage regulators, constant-voltage transformers, transformers for wind turbine generators and photovoltaic applications, and reactors
- Addresses 14 ancillary topics including insulation, bushings, load tap changers, thermal performance, testing, protection, audible sound, failure analysis, installation and maintenance and more
As with the other books in the series, this one supplies a high level of detail and, more importantly, a tutorial style of writing and use of photographs and graphics to help the reader understand the material. Important chapters have been retained from the second edition; most have been significantly expanded and updated for this third installment. Each chapter is replete with photographs, equations, and tabular data, and this edition includes a new chapter on transformers for use with wind turbine generators and distributed photovoltaic arrays. Jim Harlow and his esteemed group of contributors offer a glimpse into the enthusiastic community of power transformer engineers responsible for this outstanding and best-selling work.
A volume in the Electric Power Engineering Handbook, Third Edition.
Other volumes in the set:
- K12642 Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution, Third Edition (ISBN: 9781439856284)
- K12648 Power Systems, Third Edition (ISBN: 9781439856338)
- K13917 Power System Stability and Control, Third Edition (9781439883204)
- K12650 Electric Power Substations Engineering, Third Edition (9781439856383)
Watch James H. Harlow's talk about his book:
Part One: https://youtu.be/fZNe9L4cux0
Part Two: https://youtu.be/y9ULZ9IM0jE
Part Three: https://youtu.be/nqWMjK7Z_dg