Learning to Teach Using ICT in the Secondary School offers teachers of all subjects a comprehensive, practical introduction to the extensive possibilities that ICT offers pupils, teachers and schools. Under-pinned by the latest theory and research, it provides practical advice and guidance, tried-and-tested examples, and covers a range of issues and topics essential for teachers using ICT to improve teaching and learning in their subject.
The third edition has been fully updated in light of rapid changes in the field of both ICT and education and includes six brand new chapters. Key topics covered include:
- Theories of learning and ICT
- Effective pedagogy for effective ICT
- Using the interactive whiteboard to support whole class dialogue
- Special needs and e-inclusion
- Literacy and new literaciesNEW
- Multi-play digital games and on-line virtual worldsNEW
- Mobile learningNEW
- Supporting international citizenship through ICTNEW
- Linking home and school
- ICT tools for administration and monitoring pupil progressNEW
- Tools for professional development.
Including case studies and tasks to support your own learning, as well as ideas and activities to use with all your students, Learning to Teach Using ICT in the Secondary School is a vital source of support and inspiration for all training teachers as well those looking to improve their knowledge. If you need a guide to using ICT in the classroom or for professional support, start with this book.