This book offers a comprehensive, accessible introduction to teaching and learning business. Covering a broad range of topics and focusing on both pedagogy and content, it develops the key ideas of teaching and learning in business in a structured and accessible way. The chapters draw on theory and the latest research to demonstrate how key pedagogical issues link to classroom practice.
Featuring weblinks to useful resources, summaries of key points and a range of tasks enabling you to put learning into practice in the classroom, the chapters offers guidance on:
- The use of case studies as a signature pedagogy of business
- Designing a well-sequenced business education curriculum including lesson planning
- Formative and summative assessment
- Teaching, administering and assessing vocational courses
- How to teach core concepts such as business ethics
- How to teach literacy and numeracy in business
- The importance of learning outside the classroom in business
- Inclusive teaching
Written by experts in the field, Learning to Teach Business in the Secondary School offers all trainee business teachers on university and school based routes comprehensive and accessible guidance to support the journey towards becoming an inspirational and engaging business teacher.