Bringing together papers written by Norman Fairclough over a 25 year period, Critical Discourse Analysis represents a comprehensive and important contribution to the development of this popular field.
The book is divided into seven sections covering the following themes:
- language in relation to ideology and power
- discourse in processes of social and cultural change
- dialectics of discourse, dialectical relations between discourse and other moments of social life
- methodology of critical discourse analysis research
- analysis of political discourse
- discourse in globalisation and ‘transition’
- critical language awareness in education
The new edition has been extensively revised and enlarged to include a total of twenty two papers. It will be of value to researchers in the subject and should prove essential reading for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students in Linguistics and other areas of social science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
part Section A|61 pages
Language, ideology and power
part Section B|75 pages
Discourse and sociocultural change
part Section C|62 pages
Dialectics of discourse
part Section D|151 pages
Methodology in CDA research
part Section E|74 pages
part Section F|78 pages
Globalisation and ‘transition'
part Section G|31 pages
Language and education