Future Challenges for the Port and Shipping Sector discusses the issues that most influence the future of the maritime and port industries. Important topics covered in this book include:
- Maritime trade, future trade flows, evolutions in international trade, shipping capacity and demand
- Developments in ship construction and their economic consequences
- Future developments in ports: technology and economics
- The future role of port authorities
- The future development in ports
- Financial developments
This book looks at shipping from an holistic point of view and will be especially compelling in these challenging times.