Add to your knowledge of Latino/Hispanic diversity, attitudes, behaviors, and experiences to provide more effective services!Latino-Hispanic Liaisons and Visions for Human Behavior in the Social Environment dispels pervasive historical and contemporary misconceptions and inaccuracies and highlights the diversity of Latino/Hispanic experiences to help you provide more effective services to those clients. As editors Torres and Rivera point out, “Literature on Latinos/Hispanics reflects a dysfunctional and myopic cultural view in which they are often depicted in stereotypic characteristics and as a homogenous population.”In Latino-Hispanic Liaisons and Visions for Human Behavior in the Social Environment, you’ll find chapters examining:
- the social ecology of Mexican-American child development
- caregiver well-being among Cuban and Puerto Rican mothers of mentally retarded adults
- the adjustment process among Cuban refugee families
- one Southwestern community’s efforts to create a multiethnic neighborhood coalition against substance abuse
- a study of changes related to migration, family, and work in Caribbean women’s lives
- and much more!