This book focuses on Constructability, a project management tool and its effectiveness in promotion of sustainable development and architecture. Constructability concentrates on the optimum use of construction knowledge and experience in planning, engineering, procurement and field operations to achieve overall project objectives. Keeping in view the requirement of promotion of sustainable architectural practices, the book is aimed at establishing effective relationship between constructability and sustainability, including application of the project management systems and guidelines for sustainable development, in a systematic manner.
- Focuses on relationship between constructability and sustainability in detail, with respect to their definitions and historical background.
- Summarizes formulation of recommendations and guidelines for various design and construction practices
- Provides an updated information database having overview of constructability studies and researches conducted so far
- Explores association of sustainable development to project management issues
- Includes relevant case studies