Client-Centered Software Development: The CO-FOSS Approach introduces a method to creating a customized software product for a single client, either from scratch or by reusing open source components. The clients are typically non-profit humanitarian, educational, or public service organizations. This approach has been used in undergraduate courses where students learn the principles of software development while implementing a real-world software product. This book provides instructors, students, clients, and professional software developers with detailed guidance for developing a new CO-FOSS product from conceptualization to completion.
- Provides instructors, students, clients, and professional software developers with a roadmap for the development of a new CO-FOSS product from conceptualization to completion
- Motivates students with real-world projects and community service experiences
- Teaches all elements of the software process, including requirements gathering, design, collaboration, coding, testing, client communication, refactoring, and writing developer and user documentation
- Uses source code that can be reused and refitted to suit the needs of future projects, since each CO-FOSS product is free and open source software
- Provides links to a rich variety of resources for instructors and students to freely use in their own courses that develop new CO-FOSS products for other non-profits.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
section I|1 pages
section II|1 pages
section III|1 pages