This third volume in an exciting and detailed series on contact allergens provides monographs of all 384 topical drugs which have caused contact allergy/allergic contact dermatitis. The monographs present: Identification section; Contact allergy (general population, patients with dermatitis, case reports and case series); Cross-reactions; Patch test sensitization; Photocontact allergy; and Immediate contact reactions (contact urticaria). Separate chapters present an overview of all aspects of allergic contact dermatitis to topical drugs, contact allergy to non-drug ingredients in topical pharmaceuticals and a preview of delayed-type allergy to systemic drugs (to be discussed in Volume 4).
- Presents monographs of all known topical drugs which have caused contact allergy/allergic contact dermatitis
- Provides a full literature review of relevant topics of allergenic topical drugs
- Identifies IUPAC names, synonyms, CAS and EC numbers, structural and chemical formulas, Merck Index monographs, and advises on patch testing
- Presents non-drug allergens in topical pharmaceuticals
- Covers an extensive amount of information to benefit dermatologists, allergists, and all others interested in drug allergy