The change from traditional ways of producing and managing healthcare services to a just-in-time approach requires a new understanding about what adds value for the patient or customer, and what does not. Just-in-Time for Healthcare is intended to share powerful knowledge that will help you participate effectively in the change to just-in-time.
Part of the Lean Tools for Healthcare series, this user-friendly book is designed to improve understanding of the just-in-time (JIT) system that is fundamental to providing lean healthcare services and eliminating waste from healthcare processes. The book covers why JIT is important for healthcare by explaining how it enables a healthcare organization to efficiently and reliably produce the quality services its patients require—when they need them, where they need them, and in the amount they need.
This book also -
- Addresses the basic concepts of just-in-time in healthcare, including flow, pull, and kanban systems
- Describes the principles and benefits of process flow layouts versus operations-based layouts
- Reviews the importance of standard work as the foundation for continuous improvement
- Outlines support techniques for just-in-time such as 5S, visual management techniques, quick setup, mistake proofing, and the essential concepts of lean management
- Includes real-world healthcare examples.
Presented in practical terms, this fundamental book shows how lean principles and tools connect in a just-in-time system. It is ideally suited for both individual and group learning.