Photonics Modeling and Design delivers a concise introduction to the modeling and design of photonic devices. Assuming a general knowledge of photonics and the operating principles of fibre and semiconductor lasers, this book:
- Describes the analysis of the light propagation in dielectric media
- Discusses heat diffusion and carrier transport
- Applies the presented theory to develop fibre and semiconductor laser models
- Addresses the propagation of short optical pulses in optical fibres
- Puts all modeling into practical context with examples of devices currently in development or on the market
Providing hands-on guidance in the form of MATLAB® scripts, tips, and other downloadable content, Photonics Modeling and Design is written for students and professionals interested in modeling photonic devices either for gaining a deeper understanding of the operation or to optimize the design.