Solution Techniques for Elementary Partial Differential Equations, Third Edition remains a top choice for a standard, undergraduate-level course on partial differential equations (PDEs). Making the text even more user-friendly, this third edition covers important and widely used methods for solving PDEs.
New to the Third Edition
- New sections on the series expansion of more general functions, other problems of general second-order linear equations, vibrating string with other types of boundary conditions, and equilibrium temperature in an infinite strip
- Reorganized sections that make it easier for students and professors to navigate the contents
- Rearranged exercises that are now at the end of each section/subsection instead of at the end of the chapter
- New and improved exercises and worked examples
- A brief Mathematica® program for nearly all of the worked examples, showing students how to verify results by computer
This bestselling, highly praised textbook uses a streamlined, direct approach to develop students’ competence in solving PDEs. It offers concise, easily understood explanations and worked examples that allow students to see the techniques in action.