This book deals with the narratives of water to watt, which includes elementary conceptual design, modern planning, scheduling and monitoring systems, and extensive pre- and post-investigations pertaining to hydropower facilities. It also includes explorations to ensure aspects of dam safety evaluation, effective contract management, specialized construction management techniques, and preferred material and equipment handling systems. Special emphasis is placed upon health, safety, environmental, and risk management concepts. The book discusses a standard QA/QC system to measure and assure quality and an environmental impact assessment to reach the set target in the stipulated timeline within the approved budget.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of hydro-structures and practical coverage from an industry perspective
- Helps readers understand complexity involved in large-scale interdisciplinary projects
- Provides good insights on building procedures, precautions, and project management
- Includes project planning, construction management and hydropower technology, QA/QC, HSE, and statutory requirements
- Illustrates how to integrate good constructability/buildability into good design for the best monetary value