Explore the latest research on biological control!
Completely updated for 2004, this new edition examines methods for making agricultural systems less susceptible to insect pests. Containing new findings and reports of strategies, Biodiversity and Pest Management in Agroecosystems, Second Edition will show you how pests can be managed by enhancing beneficial biodiversity using agroecological diversification methods.
Biodiversity and Pest Management in Agroecosystems, Second Edition provides you with an essential overview of the role of biodiversity in agriculture and then gets specific, with new and updated information on:
- the agroecology of pest management
- plant diversity and pest outbreaks within agroecosystems
- diversification strategies for pest management
- how sustainable farming systems are designed
- the role of plant diversity on the biology of beneficial insects
- insect regulation in diverse agroecosystems
- manipulation of plant diversity in agroecosystems
- ecological and socioeconomic implications