Spon’s Architects' and Builders' Price Book is the most detailed, professionally relevant source of construction price information currently available anywhere. With competition growing fiercer throughout the industry and with increasing pressure to secure a 'competitive advantage', the A and B's unique Tender Index is more valuable than ever before.
This is the only price book that gives a detailed cost base in a way that allows adjustment for market conditions that affect building prices for Major Works contracts exceeding £2,500,000 in value.
As well as updating all prices, this 131st edition includes the following additional items:
- bathroom pods
- galvanised steel cladding and decking
- grade 316 stainless steel rebar
- minipile piling
- movable acoustic walls
- panel fire partitions.
Substantive overhauls have also been undertaken on the following sections: asphalt and tarmacadam roads; building prices per square metre; diamond drilling and sawing; ironmongery, including specification changes to comply with BS 8300 and Approved Document M; and sanitary fittings.
Plus all the standard features you have come to expect from Spon’s A and B:
- unique Davis Langdon Tender Index that allows the reader to make adjustments for market conditions throughout the year using Spon’s free updates
- 20,000 prices for the most frequently specified items, the majority with labour constant details
- over 300 pages of Major and Minor Works items
- hundreds of alternative materials prices, easily substituted into the build-up calculations, for the more unusual items
- Approximate Estimating section providing element unit rates specifically for hotels, residential, industrial, retail, leisure and office buildings, and costs per m2 for 300 building types
- detailed guidance on wage rates, daywork, cost limits and allowances, property insurance and professional fees, plus useful formulae, design criteria and trade association addresses
- updated, free of charge, every three months – see enclosed card to register. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk
With its FREE CD–ROM containing Spon Architects' and Builders' price data, you can:
- produce estimate and tender documents
- generate priced or unpriced schedules
- adjust rates and data, and enter rogue items
- cut and paste prices into other tender documents
- view complete book 'on screen'
- carry out an index search.