More than just a price book, Spon's Civil Engineering and Highway Works Price Book 2006 is a comprehensive work manual that all those in the civil engineering, surveying and construction business will find it hard to work without. It gives costs for general and civil engineering works, highway works, and shows a full breakdown of labour, plant and material elements.
Thoroughly comprehensive and structured to comply with CESMM3 and MMHW, the book includes prices and rates covering everything from rock bolts to runways, from staircases to step irons. In a time when it is essential to gain 'competitive advantage' in an increasingly congested market, this book provides instant-access cost information and is a one-stop reference containing tables, formulae, technical information and professional advice.
This twentieth edition, in its easy-to-read format, incorporates a general review throughout, with special emphasis on the tender and estimating process. Plus the standard features you have come to expect from Spon’s Civil Engineering and Highway Works Price Book:
- for budgeting: estimating principles, on-cost advice, method-related charges
- for resource costings: labour costs, plant costs, material prices
- for rapid cost information: approximate estimates, dayworks, cost indices
- for plant and labour allowances: production rates, outputs, man hour constants
- for detailed pricing: unit costs with full breakdown, or specialist prices, with advice on item coverage, waste allowances and comparative costs
- for incidental advice: tables and formulae, technical information, professional advice
- updated, free of charge, every three months – see enclosed card to register. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk
With FREE CD–ROM containing Spon’s Civil Engineering and Highway Works price data.
Preface Abbreviations Acknowledgements 1. General 2. Preliminaries and General Items 3. Resources 4. Unit Costs (Civil Engineering Works) 5. Unit Costs (Highway Works) 6. Land Remediation 7. Unit Costs (Ancillary Building Works) 8. Oncosts and Profit 9. Costs and Tender Prices Indices 10. Daywork 11. Professional Fees 12. Approximate Estimates 13. Outputs 14. Tables and Memoranda 15. Updates Index