Tribosystem Analysis: A Practical Approach to the Diagnosis of Wear Problems provides a systematic framework for conducting root cause analyses and categorizing various types of wear. Designed specifically for engineers without formal training in tribology, this book:
- Describes a number of direct and indirect methods for detecting and quantifying wear problems
- Surveys different microscopy techniques, including those for light optics, electron optics, and acoustic imaging
- Discusses the selection of wear and friction test methods, both standard and custom, identifying possible pitfalls for misuse
- Presents practical examples involving complex materials and environments, such as those with variable loads and operating conditions
- Uses universally accepted terminology to create consistency along with the potential to recognize similar problems and apply comparable solutions
Complete with checklists to ensure the right questions are asked during diagnosis, Tribosystem Analysis: A Practical Approach to the Diagnosis of Wear Problems offers pragmatic guidance for defining wear problems in the context of the materials and their surroundings.