Now fully updated by Des Lyver to reflect the latest advances, the second edition of Basics of Video Production is a primer for anyone wishing to learn about video production. It describes the principles and processes involved in obtaining professional results in educational, training and corporate environments.
Assuming little prior knowledge, this book takes the reader on a guided tour around a studio or location production, examining the production process from conceptualisation to the final screening. It features:
· the latest advances in low cost non-linear editing and digital video
· coverage of studio and location work
· descriptions of the role of each crew member
· full explanations of technical terms
· health and safety precautions
· practical advice on the equipment available and how to use it
Basics of Video Production aims to provide the reader with a rapid understanding of what is actually a complex process, without getting too bogged down in technical terms. It is equipment non-specific and references to technical matters are only included where necessary to understanding. Much of what is contained in this book will be directly transferable to film and sound courses as the basics and principles are the same.