This classic text has been updated to meet the needs of today’s students. It has been revised in line with the 2011 seventh edition of the RICS Valuation Standards and covers the latest valuation techniques including the important area of investment appraisals. It will help readers understand the complex world of property valuation, in particular:
- how to analyze market rents and sales prices to derive market evidence to support an opinion of market value
- the investment method of valuation and how it’s applied in practice
- how specific legal factors can impact on market value when they interfere with market forces
- what the market and the profession may consider to be the ‘right’ methodology in today’s market place
- how to use spreadsheets in valuation.
This new edition places a particular emphasis on investment valuations and the impact of landlord and tenant relationships on value. The text has always been well regarded for its clear explanations of the maths behind valuations, and practical examples are provided to illustrate the valuation techniques used today for property investments, property developments and properties valued with reference to their business profits.